We are seeking applications from motivated and experienced individuals to join our Estimating team as an Estimator in either of our Regional offices at Albury or Shepparton.
Details of the position:
• Full time position
• Manage the tender estimating and cost planning processes for allocated tenders
• Thoroughly reviewing tender documentation to develop accurate SOW, BOQ and Cost Plans
• Issuing trade packages to sub-contractors and ensuring trade quotes are received
• Reviewing & analysing subcontractor quotes and negotiate to obtain best prices
• Preparing take-offs and tender estimates using Buildsoft and / or Costx
• Leading the negotiation and clarification stage during Post Tender
• Carry out project hand overs to project delivery team and assisting project teams post tender
• Servicing and expanding subcontractor data base
• Identify, evaluating & estimating value management opportunities
You will be someone with ambition and confidence. We are seeking a highly talented and motivated individual that can keep up with the demands of this position and add valuable input to our team.
Ideally the candidate will provide:
• A minimum of 3-5 years experience in a lead estimator role
• Proven performance through successful tenders and bids in various sectors, commercial medium sized projects from $5 Mil to $30 Mil, with a proven track record in either an Estimating or QS role within Melbourne is an advantage
• Various aspects of estimating including Construct Only, Design & Construct and Construction Management tenders would be of benefit and is an advantage
• Tertiary qualification in Construction Management or Quantity Surveying
• EstimateOne and / or Bid Contender knowledge is an advantage
• CostX and / or Buildsoft knowledge
• Strong organisation and time management skills
• Ability to meet deadlines, show initiative and stay focused under pressure
• Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships
• Exceptional verbal and written communications skills
• Willingness to work in a team environment.
This is a great opportunity to work with a company that is recognised for its excellence. You will be valued for your overall estimating knowledge allowing you the opportunity to work on a variety of projects.