Through continued growth and a strong pipeline of work, we are currently looking for a qualified and experienced Senior Cost Planner to be based at our Sydney head office in Alexandria.
As the Senior Cost Planner, you will take responsibility for making cost checks and carrying out valuations on large commercial projects and in all cases ensuring that timely and accurate cost checking and valuation takes place.
Role and Responsibilities
• Responsible for pre and post-contract quantity surveying duties;
• Estimating and cost planning to include producing and presenting the final cost plan;
• Provide Cost Planning advice to support the estimating team secure and maximise new development opportunities;
• Prepare handover pack for Construction Team on all successful submissions including trade breakup of cost plans, design briefs, cost planning design assumptions, consultant advice, subcontractor pricing and development programs;
• Monitor and analyse Construction Team tender trade lettings and feed information back into cost planner’s price books to maintain accuracy of cost plans.
Skills and attributes
• A relevant tertiary qualification in Construction Management, Quantity Surveying (or equivalent);
• Competent use of all relevant software including CostX or Buildsoft;
• 5 years cost estimating experience with a QS firm or builder;
• Experience in working on cost plans for commercial projects on tight deadlines;
• Experience in dealing with clients and client bodies, consultants and subcontractors;
Working for HY
HY are proud to offer long-term career opportunities, and those individuals who join HY can look forward to an outstanding working environment, market leading remuneration, fantastic employee benefits and a clear career path.
At Hansen Yuncken our aim is to make your career with us both enjoyable and challenging.
We prefer to work directly with applicants and do not accept unsolicited resumes from any recruitment agencies or third-party providers. To be eligible for this opportunity, applicants must hold valid working rights.