We are seeking applications from motivated and experienced individuals to join our Estimating team as an Estimator for our Regional offices, based in either Albury or Shepparton.
Details of the position:
• Full time;
• Manage the tender estimating and cost planning processes for allocated tenders;
• Thoroughly reviewing tender documentation to develop accurate SOW, BOQ and Cost Plans;
• Issuing trade packages to sub-contractors and ensuring trade quotes are received;
• Reviewing & analysing subcontractor quotes and negotiate to obtain best prices;
• Preparing take-offs and tender estimates using Costx;
• Leading the negotiation and clarification stage during Post Tender;
• Carry out project hand overs to project delivery team and assisting project teams post tender;
• Servicing and expanding subcontractor data base;
• Identify, evaluating & estimating value management opportunities.
We are seeking a talented and confident individual that can keep up with the demands of this position and add valuable input to our team.
Ideally the candidate will provide:
• A minimum of 3-5 years experience in a lead estimator role;
• Proven performance through successful tenders and bids in various sectors, commercial medium sized projects from $5 Mil to $30 Mil, with a proven track record in either an Estimating or QS role within Melbourne is an advantage;
• Various aspects of estimating including Construct Only, Design & Construct and Construction Management tenders would be of benefit and is an advantage;
• Tertiary qualification in Construction Management or Quantity Surveying;
• EstimateOne and / or Bid Contender knowledge is an advantage;
• CostX knowledge;
• Strong organisation and time management skills;
• Ability to meet deadlines, show initiative and stay focused under pressure;
• Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships;
• Exceptional verbal and written communications skills;
• Willingness to work in a team environment.
Salary package in accordance with skills and experience.
You will be valued for your estimating knowledge allowing you the opportunity to work on a variety of projects.