We are seeking a professional and motivated Human Resources Coordinator to join our team in Hobart.
Operating nationally with offices in 5 States, Hansen Yuncken has an annual turnover of $1.2 billion and directly employs over 600 staff nationally, approximately 50 of whom are employed in Tasmania.
This generalist HR position will involve the administration and coordination of HR processes and activities with the support of the management team, for all staff across our Tasmanian branch throughout the employee lifecycle.
Key aspects of the position:
• Coordinating recruitment and onboarding of new employees
• Employee relations, including initial point of contact for employees and developing / maintaining open communication with teams to ensure effective HR support is provided
• Coordinating training and development activities, including group or individual training, assisting to establish training plans, and maintain training records
• In conjunction with the management team, assisting with performance review activities
• Return to work coordination in conjunction with the State HSEQ Manager
• In conjunction with the management team, coordination of remuneration and review processes, including maintaining accurate records
• Coordinating employee recognition programs
• Offboarding of employees
• Administer the HRIS for the branch and ensure accurate records are maintained
• Assist with HR reporting
Required skills & attributes:
• Relevant HR or business degree
• At least 5 years’ experience in a similar HR position
• A general knowledge of relevant employment legislation would assist in fulfilling the role.
• Construction and / or associated industry experience is desirable.
• Ability to maintain strict confidentiality is essential.
• High level of professionalism supported by well-developed communication and interpersonal skills to develop strong relationships with internal stakeholders.
• Confident, energetic and highly motivated
• Strong Administrative skills and attention to detail
• Ability to multi task and prioritize
• HRIS experience is desirable.
This is an exciting career role with an appropriate salary package. The part-time role will be based on a 2.5 day working week. The successful candidate will have the flexibility to negotiate the work pattern (being how hours are distributed across the work week). As the role grows with the business, there may be an opportunity in future to increase working days.
Please forward applications in writing to:
Hansen Yuncken Pty Ltd
Applications close 31 August 2021.
To be eligible for this opportunity, applicants must hold valid working rights.