We are seeking applications for an experienced Estimator to join our Estimating team in our Melbourne office on St Kilda Road.
Details of the position:
- Full time position;
- Manage the tender estimating and cost planning processes for allocated tenders;
- Thoroughly reviewing tender documentation to develop accurate SOW, BOQ and Cost Plans;
- Issuing trade packages to sub-contractors and ensuring trade quotes are received;
- Reviewing and analysing subcontractor quotes and negotiate to obtain best prices;
- Preparing take-offs and tender estimates using Buildsoft and / or Costx;
- Leading the negotiation and clarification stage during Post Tender;
- Carry out project hand overs to project delivery team and assisting project teams post tender;
- Servicing and expanding subcontractor data base;
- Identify, evaluating and estimate value management opportunities.
We are seeking a talented and confident individual that can keep up with the demands of this position and add valuable input to our team.
Requirements for the position:
- A minimum of 5 years experience;
- Proven performance through successful tenders and bids in various sectors, commercial medium sized projects from $20 Mil to $50 Mil, with a proven track record in either an Estimating or QS role within Melbourne;
- Various aspects of estimating including Construct Only, Design & Construct and Construction;
- Management tenders would be of benefit and is an advantage;
- Tertiary qualification in Construction Management or Quantity Surveying;
- EstimateOne and / or Bid Contender knowledge is an advantage;
- CostX and / or Buildsoft knowledge is an advantage;
- Strong organisation and time management skills;
- Ability to meet deadlines, show initiative and stay focused under pressure;
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships;
- Exceptional verbal and written communications skills;
- Willingness to work in a team environment.
Salary package in accordance with skills and experience.
You will be valued for your estimating knowledge allowing you the opportunity to work on a variety of projects.
Click on "Apply" to send us your application.